Our artists will bring your vision to life. They are skilled at creating a wide range of artistic pieces, including:
- Completely custom designs (a unique design for each customer).
- New school tattoo designs (ie. graffiti).
- Traditional tattoo designs (ie. Sailor Jerry style)
- Japanese art.
- Cartoon and Comic Book Art.
- Black and Grey.
- Lettering (all styles).
Your #1 question should always be: "Is this tattoo shop a safe and clean environment?"
We maintain a very clean work environment and exceed Vigo County Health
Dept. standards. We actually keep a copy of our latest health inspection
posted, so that our customers can see the stringent standards we must meet. In
2010 we switched to using all disposable, one time use supplies. Most shops use an
autoclave sterilizer for some of their supplies, but there is always a slight chance of
human error (not cleaning things as thoroughly as necessary or missing a step in
the sterilization process) or sterilizer failure. Sterilizers are required to be tested
weekly, but that leaves the possibility of using a malfunctioning sterilizer for
several days before you catch it. It's not worth the risk for us, so we do not re-use
any supplies. Feel free to stop in and check out our shop and ask any questions you
have? Any shop you go to should be more than willing to do the same. If they are
rude or impatient with your questions, that's a bad sign.
Do tattoos hurt?
It is definitely an uncomfortable process, but everyone has a different experience. The discomfort level also varies based on placement.
Can I take a pain reliever or consume alcohol before my tattoo?
Absolutely not. If we believe that you have taken certain medications or consumed alcohol when you come in for your tattoo appointment, you will be forced to reschedule your appointment and forfeit your deposit.
Can someone be allergic to tattoos?
It is possible for people to have an allergic reaction to some tattoo inks, but not common. Be sure to notify your artist if you have a reaction to any tattoo inks.
How old do I have to be to get a tattoo?
You must be at least 18 years old to get a tattoo without parental consent. In the state of Indiana, you can get a tattoo at 16 years of age with parental consent, but we choose not to tattoo minors under any circumstances.
What do I need to bring with me to my consultation or tattoo appointment?
CONSULTATION: When you come in for your appointment you should bring
any designs or reference materials you feel are significant in creating your
custom tattoo. Also, plan on bringing cash with you to set your tattoo
appointment. We do require a 50% deposit at the time the appointment is
TATTOO: When you return for your tattoo appointment, you will need to bring
a valid state ID, as well as, another official document with your name typed
on it. Please call prior to your appointment if you are unsure about which ID's to
bring. Always show up a few minutes early. If you show up late, for any reason,
we will require you to reschedule your appointment and your deposit will be
Do I need an appointment or can I just walk in?
We do accept walk-ins, but it is always best to call first or stop in and schedule an appointment.
For most appointments we require a consultation prior to setting a tattoo
appointment. We feel this is an important step we must take to ensure your
long-term satisfaction with your tattoo. This is a time where you come in to
the shop, discuss ideas, a design is drawn up, and size and placement
are decided on. In some cases we do consultations via e-mail.
* Free for 2 months from the date of your tattoo. (restriction apply)
* $20 for 2-6 months from the date of your tattoo.
* $40 & up after 6 months from the date of your tattoo.
(If there are clear signs of neglect in the aftercare of your tattoo, or if less than 48
hours notice of a cancellation/reschedule is given, you will forfeit your free
touch-up and be required to pay up-front. Last, but not least, tattoos on the
hands, feet, face, & inside/outside elbows are always a minimum of $20.)
Our minimum is $50 (unless you get birthday or group discount). Tattoo
prices go up from there and are based on size, skill level required, detail, and
the amount of time estimated to complete the tattoo. We do not give tattoo
estimates over the phone.
We offer birthday, group, military, law enforcement, & firefighter discounts.
* BIRTHDAY DISCOUNT is 20% off tattoos (up to $50) and is given for up to 2
weeks after your birthday, can be used for as many tattoos as you choose, is
non-transferable, and can not be combined with any other discount. We will
NOT give a discount after or before the discount period for any reason! Make
sure you call in advance. Our schedule gets full very quickly at times.
* GROUP DISCOUNT is offered for groups of 3 or more. All group
appointments must be scheduled for the same day. Groups of 3-4 receive a 10%
discount and groups of 5 or more receive a 15% discount.
* MILITARY DISCOUNT is 10% off for military personnel with valid military ID.
* LAW ENFORCEMENT AND FIREFIGHTER DISCOUNT is 10% off.
+ We will not give a refund or a credit for tattoo work already completed. It is
your responsibility to let us know if you qualify for one of the above discounts.
* 50% (pre-discount) deposit up-front. 100% deposit can be rolled over with 7 or
more days notice of a reschedule. 50% of deposit will be rolled over for 2-7 days
notice. If less than 48 hours notice is given, 0% rolls over.
* $20 deposit for consultations. Deposits made for consultation appointments
are forfeited if appointment is cancelled/rescheduled. Otherwise it is
applied to deposit for tattoo appointment.
* If you are late, show up unprepared & a reschedule is necessary, your full
deposit is forfeited & a new 100% non-refundable deposit must be paid up-
front. If the artist feels they will run behind on your appointment, due to your
lack of preparation, a reschedule will be required. It is unfair to our other
clients if we are late starting their appointment, because you were not timely or
* Touch-ups require a $20 deposit that is refunded upon timely arrival to
appointment. If a touch-up appointment is canceled/rescheduled, deposit
is forfeited & a $40 deposit is required to reschedule. Also remember that
your free touch-up will be forfeited if you give less than 48 hour notice of
Our aftercare instructions are as follows:
- After 1-3 hours, remove the bandage gently. DO NOT REBANDANGE.
- 3 times a day, until tattoo returns to pre-tattoo condition, wash with warm water & a mild anti-bacterial soap. Follow with a thin layer or Hydrogel. This product is available for purchase at Under the Gun, Inc. If you are unable to purchase Hydrogel, use a light, fragrance-free moisturizer. (ex. Aquaphor, Curel, Aveeno)
- Keep tattoo out of direct sunlight or tanning beds until tattoo is fully healed. (AT LEAST 14-21 days)
- Do not soak tattoo in tub, sauna, Jacuzzi, or go swimming until tattoo is fully healed. Showers are fine.
- DO NOT RUB, PICK OR SCRATCH the tattooed area while it is healing. Loss of color and/or infection could occur.
- Sun exposure over the years can and will fade your tattoo. This can be minimized by using a strong sunscreen, at least SPF30. Should you have any problems or questions call us at: (812)234-TATT(8288)
ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING YOUR TATTOO! INFECTION CAN OCCUR! IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR TATTOO IS INFECTED, SEE A DOCTOR!